Friday, March 6, 2009

Hayden will be 2 on Sunday!!!

I can not believe how fast time flies! Hayden will be 2 on Sunday! It feels like it was just yesterday that I was coming home from the hospital with him.

It has been a rather bad week for us. Hayden and I have both been sick all week. And Kevin has been sick for some of the week. But on Tuesday I convinced myself that I was well enough to be out and about. So I went shopping for the young women's activity I was in charge of and also for Hayden's birthday present.
We have been having a hard time deciding what Hayden need/wanted for his birthday. We don't have a lot of room and his toys take up a lot of space as it is. We talked it over and decided Hayden would like a pet. But we have been told no on a dog....(so sad) So we went for fish. Easy to take care of and can fit somewhere in our small space.
On Tuesday we bought the tank and supplies. And on Wednesday Hayden and I went to get some fish. We had tons of fish to choose from.... but we finally found the perfect ones for Hayden. They are called mickey mouse fish. I didn't realize until we got home why they have that name. On their tails there is the mickey mouse head and ears.

Hayden has been delighted since we have gotten them. He feeds them in the morning and right before going to bed. He even gives them kisses goodnight. He named them Mickey and Minnie. I had made a vinyl mickey mouse for him and found the perfect place to put it, right on his fish tank.



Here is a video of Hayden with them.





Other news Kevin is going to compete in a black box competition tomorrow. He is really looking forward to it. I hope he does well!

2 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Happy Birthday Hayden! I can't believe he is 2! Wow, time flies by so fast. That was a good idea for a gift. I too understand the whole "toys taking up all the space" issue.

Melissa DeMoux said...

Really cute, love the video. Hope he is enjoying the fish. I hope he had a wonderful birthday.