Saturday, September 26, 2009

First movie



Yesterday I had promised Hayden we would go see a movie. I have been wanting to take him to see a movie in the theaters for a while, but I was also hesitant. I didn't know if he would like the dark (which he is scared of) or if the movie would get too loud for his ears. But we took a chance and went to see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. We got our tickets but there was a long line to get popcorn and drinks. Kevin waited while Hayden and I went to get seats. The first thing he did when we walked in was held me tighter and said 'it dark in here'. We sat down and he was looking around in awe. The movie was in 3D so you had to wear glasses which were way to big on Hayden. He kept them on until the previews were over and then he was done with them. Kevin bought Hayden his own popcorn tray complete with drink and a snack. Hayden loved it and felt like a big boy. Through out the movie he would say 'oh no what happening mom/dad', he was very into the movie which was really cute. Lydia and Grandpa Andrew were with. It was such a cute kid movie. Hayden sat there the whole time and watched it until the very end when he handed over his popcorn tray and climbed up on Kevin, gave him a hug and said I love you dad. It was a perfect ending to the movie.

We went to smash burger to complete our family outing. I have to say their fries are really good. They are thin, fried, and tossed in olive oil, fresh rosemary, and thyme. There burgers were also really good. Kevin got the Baja burger while I went with the mushroom swiss. Yummy. They were a lot better than Kevin expected.

And that concluded our family date night.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I'll have to take the kids to go and see it.

LOVE the videos of Hayden singing. Too cute. I am sure Brad will get a kick out of that.

Melissa DeMoux said...

Sounds like lots of fun, I'm glad you all had a good time.

Josh and Heather said...

Way fun! I want to go on your family date nights, they beat our usualy family nights....working in the yard (jk). Glad Hayden loved his first movie theater experience.